The Thomas Coram CE School
Thank you for the interest you have taken in our school. The pupils, staff and governors of The Thomas Coram CE School extend a very warm welcome to you.
We hope all children who come here will be happy and successful, and we look forward to working with you in a constructive and mutually respectful partnership to support your children’s learning, to live out our motto of building a family where we are ‘flourishing in learning and love’.
Mrs J Cutler
Head of School
Vision & Values
Our vision is flourishing in learning and love within a happy, Christian community.
Do everything in love (1 Corinthians 16:14)
Our values are the ways that we seek to do things. As a Church of England federation, these are rooted in the Christian faith, but are values that are important to us, whatever our faith or background. The values are taught to children in order for them to have a knowledge and understanding of different life values and skills which will help to make them well rounded and valuable member of the community.Learn more
- Thomas Coram is a lovely school with excellent facilities for learning. It is a school
that achieves high standards, and where pupils can excel.Ofsted, 2018
- Excellent relationships and behaviour result from a thorough understanding of the values.SIAMS, 2014
- The friendly, supportive and welcoming character of the school community (is clearly evident). Ofsted, 2018
- Leaders have established, and sustained, a deeply embedded and widely acknowledged Christian ethos that means the school’s values have a clear impact on behaviour, attitudes to learning and pupils’ enjoyment of school.SIAMS, 2014
- Meeting and making new friends in Year 3, and getting used to a larger school environment, and with lots of familiar faces for reassurance, is good preparation for the later transition to secondary school.Parent
- I have found through personal experience the move from infant to junior school has given the children the opportunity to develop their independence; I have also noticed a change in their maturity. At the end of Year 2, the transition was managed really well and has been seamless in my experience.Parent